The ‘Cricket in Us’ project came about from discussions that a few past cricketers were having as to who was the first person to play in the Preston & District cricket league from the South Asian community and which was the first South Asian heritage side to win a cup in the league.
The opportunity to answer these and many other questions arose when the Heritage Lottery Fund made available grants to support local initiatives to discover their heritage. This was a golden opportunity and Red Rose Cricket Club submitted an application to carry out a research project to discover the role cricket played amongst the South Asian community in Preston.
The Project wil use the following methods:
- To undertake desk research into the role cricket played in the settlement and integration of South Asian communities in Preston from the 1960s.
- To undertake 200 interviews, focus groups and video diaries.
- To use the information gathered to produce a website, exhibitions, talks and archives to be stored in local museums.
The Project identified and interviewed a number of cricketers and Partners using the following questionnaires: (Requires Adobe Reader)
- Main Questionnaire
- Questionnaire (For people born aborad)
- Questionnaire (For people born in the UK)
- Questionnaire (For 11 to 16 Year old Boys)
- Questionnaire (For 11 to 16 Year old Girls)
- Questionnaire (For Partner of Players)
- Focus Group – Tasks For Facilitator
- Task Group Questions
The findings of the research will be presented in the following formats:
- Mobile display
For further information or to contribute to the Project email email@example.com